23 March 2022 12:05 WIB

How Brake Bias Affect Your Handling

In motorsport, we often hear the word brake bias. This term is often used by teams to tune the braking system.

Brake bias itself refers to the percentage of brake power towards the front or rear. Sometimes, brake bias is also often referred to as brake balance.

Examples? Simple. For example, a car has a front brake bias setting of 70%. That means 70% of the brake power will be transferred to the front brake, while the rest, 30% will be transferred to the rear wheels.

Why is it important? Because, the distribution of brake power can affect the control characteristics of a car and the preferences of the driver.

In most conditions, usually the front brake has more bias than the rear, this is due to weight transfer. When braking, the weight of the car will move forward, increasing the traction of the front tyre, and reducing the traction of the rear tyre.

If you are running a rear biassed braking system or even 50-50, the rear tyre can lock up. This can be dangerous because it can cause spin.

So, usually the front brake is always more biassed. Usually, cars in general have a bias of about 55-60% to the front to get the right stability.

Of course, the brake performance will be better if the tyres used also have a high traction. For sporty needs, for example, if you often brake heavily on the track, then use Forceum Hena tyres. A sporty tyre from Forceum for sporty needs.

 

Indonesia 

Dalam motorsport, kita seringkali mendengar kata brake bias. Istilah ini seringkali digunakan tim untuk melakukan tuning pada sistem pengereman.

Brake bias sendiri mengacu kepada persentase kekuatan rem, ke arah depan atau belakang. Terkadang, brake bias juga seringkali disebut sebagai brake balance.

Contohnya? Sederhana. Misalnya sebuah mobil memiliki setting brake bias depan 70%. Artinya, 70% dari kekuatan rem akan disalurkan ke rem depan, sementara sisanya, 30% akan disalurkan ke roda belakang.

Mengapa hal ini penting? Karena, distribusi kekuatan rem bisa mempengaruhi karakteristik pengendalian suatu mobil dan preferensi pengemudi.

Pada kebanyakan kondisi, biasanya rem depan memiliki kekuatan yang lebih besar dari belakang, hal ini karena adanya weight transfer. Ketika mengerem, berat dari mobil akan berpindah ke depan, menambah traksi ban depan, dan mengurangi traksi ban belakang.

Jika menggunakan bias yang condong ke belakang atau bahkan 50-50, ban belakang bisa mengunci. Hal ini bisa berbahaya karena dapat menyebabkan spin.

Sehingga, biasanya rem depan selalu mendapatkan bias lebih. Biasanya, mobil pada umumnya memiliki bias sekitar 55-60% ke depan untuk mendapatkan kestabilan yang pas.

Tentunya, kinerja rem akan semakin baik jika ban yang digunakan juga memiliki traksi yang tinggi. Untuk kebutuhan sporty, misalnya jika sering mengerem berat di track, maka gunakan ban Forceum Hena. Sebuah ban sporty dari Forceum untuk kebutuhan sporty.

 

Share